Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Temple scene lighting pass

Now I have everything modelled, UV mapped and light mapped I proceed to exporting it to a game engine which is UDK in this case. I usually struggle with light mapping, I get all sorts of errors, however for this scene I didn't get many problems and this shows I am improving in this aspect. An important milestone for me is to have the lighting pass done before texturing because lighting can make or break an environment, it is so important which is why I treat it so.

As you can see the scene is enclosed with the walls around, I plan on adding a grass landscape around the scene to show there is something around it like the concept suggest, however I am leaving the fog effect to create the effect I want and camera work to keep the focus on the temple area.

Furthermore you will notice the trees are not here, at this stage I have decided to not include them, I tried to create them however it was taking far to long and problems kept creeping up and when it comes down to it the in this scene the focus is the temple and even though it looks a little bare I hope the texture work and lighting can bring this to life.


No comments:

Post a Comment