My next steps now I have finished my university course is to improve my environments even more till I am happy with the quality of the scene. What I don't want is to rush out and send my portfolio and showreel to many games companies when I think the work needs improving, but then I need to learn to let go and there is a fine line between the two, but over the summer I will be working on the environments I have created during this year and polish them to a good standard.
My next task is to create a portfolio website, with the research done earlier in the year I have identified what makes a good portfolio and the tips and tricks to make potential employers notice you more. Also my aim is to improve on my cinematic work and keep updating my showreel.
Where do I see myself in a years time? I would say I will be working on my portfolio in the next few months and hopefully some time later this year or early next year I will be applying for environment/prop artist jobs in the UK, with that said my aim is to get my foot in the door and if I need to start off with a different role and work my way up that is what I must do.
Where do I see myself in five years time? I ultimate goal is to work abroad, whether that be USA or Canada, I don't really have a games company I really want to work for that stands out to me, however I want to work on AAA game environments.
I know what I need to do and how I can reach it, I need to plan ahead on my projects and stick to the plan and adjust if needed instead of rushing, I need to keep my portfolio and showreel updated frequently, maybe every 6 months to show I am still creating new environments, and as I get through each environment I and come across problems, I resolve them and get better for the next one. I will need to make connections in the industry, my short term goal is to join forums such as Polycount and join in art competitions such as the monthly challenges they have, and try make some friends that way, as well as in real life events that involve games and developers which I need to try attend.
No comments:
Post a Comment