This week the class was focused on interviews, we got into groups of 3 and we each had a role to play and kept swapping around, the three roles were note taker, interviewer and interviewee and we were given questions to ask the interviewee.
The job role was given to use which was a company called Mind Candy who are the developers of Moshi Monsters.
So coming in to this I really didn't expect to be thrown into this situation but It was good to see how I coped with it and what I could take away and improve on. Firstly as the interviewer I had been given questions to ask, this gave me a better idea on what they want to know about you, It was good to be in their position because you feel like you want the interviewee to blow you away, you want them to want the job more than anything. I was interesting to know the methods that are in interviews to get to know the person more, for example the question about what animal would you be if you were one is a good way to see what kind of personality the person has.
Now when it was my turn to take the hot seat and be the interviewee nerves crept in, I like to really prepare for a situation like this, I haven't had many interviews before, maybe one or two so it is still really new to me having said that I have researched a lot into it in the past and understand it better. The feedback I got from it was It took awhile to answers some questions, I had to think about them a lot, maybe too much, I was a little to honest bout my weaknesses., which can be a good thing as well as a bad thing, it is important to not lie your way through an interview because an interviewer will spot it straight away.
Overall I think the interview could have gone a lot better but due to the fact it was thrown on me, I didn't know much about the company or game I was applying for I could have done much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment